The following is a report of the City Solicitor dated February 22, 2021:
City Council at its meeting held on December 21, 2020, resolved that the City Solicitor be requested to prepare an amendment to Bylaw No. 8232, The Knox United Church Heritage Designation Bylaw, 2003, with such amendment limited to amending the legal land description to reflect the approved subdivision.
In this regard we enclose proposed Bylaw No. 9737, The Knox United Church Heritage Designation Amendment Bylaw, 2021. The Heritage Property Act requires that a Notice of Intention to Amend Heritage Designation Bylaw be served on the Registrar of Heritage Property and the owner of the relevant property. As well, the Notice must be registered against the title to the property and advertised in at least one issue of a newspaper in general circulation in the municipality. All of these prerequisites have been undertaken. The date advertised in the Notice for City Council’s consideration of this matter was January 9, 2021.
The Heritage Property Act further provides that anyone wishing to object to the proposed designation must serve Council with an objection stating the reason for the objection and providing the relevant facts. The objection must be served at least three days prior to the Council meeting at which the Bylaw is to be considered.
If an objection is received, Council shall either refer the matter to the review board established under The Heritage Property Act or withdraw the proposed bylaw.
The following documents are provided:
- Report of the City Solicitor, dated February 22, 2021 including Bylaw No. 9737 and notice that appeared in the local press on January 9 and 11, 2021;
- Excerpt from the minutes of the Regular Business Meeting of City Council held on December 21, 2020;
- Excerpt from minutes of the Standing Policy Committee on Planning, Development and Community Services on December 8, 2020 with referenced attachments;
- Requests to Speak:
- Ross Hinther, dated January 19, 2021;
- Karl Miller, Meridian Development Corps, dated February 16, 2021;
- Bertrand Bartake, Kindrachuk Agrey Architecture, dated February 16, 2021;
- Susan Cross, dated February 16, 2021;
- Lenore Swystun, Chair, Municipal Heritage Advisory Committee, dated February 16, 2021;
- Marcel de la Gorgendiere, Board of Directors, Knox United Church, dated February 16, 2021;
- Submitting Comments:
- Vicki Stephanson, dated December 2, 2020;
- Tim Claypool, dated February 16, 2021; and
- Jack Wigham and Freda Toffolo, dated February 17, 2021.