Councillor Loewen introduced the item as Vice Chair of the Standing Policy Committee on Planning, Development and Community Services.
Council heard from the following speakers:
- Mike Velonas, Meewasin Valley Authority
- Meghan Mickelson, Swale Watchers
- John Paul Wasan, Saskatoon Environmental Advisory Committee
- Jan Norris
- Paul Cluett
- Sara Bryson, Saskatoon Nature Society
- Candace Savage, Wild About Saskatoon
- Julia Adamson, Friends of the Saskatoon Afforestation Areas Inc.
Long Range Planning Manager McShane, Watershed Protection Manager Yobb, City Manager Jorgenson, Director of Saskatoon Land Long, Director of Planning and Development Anderson, A/City Solicitor Kowalski and General Manager Community Services Lacroix all responded to various questions of Council.
The meeting recessed at 11:29 a.m. and reconvened at 11:45 a.m. with all members of Council in attendance with the exception of Councillor Davies.
Councillor Donauer excused himself from the meeting at 12:00 p.m. and re-entered at 12:34 p.m.