The following is a report of the City Solicitor dated January 5, 2023:
"City Council at its meeting held on October 31, 2022 resolved that the City Solicitor bring forward a bylaw to designate the property at 331-1st Avenue North as Municipal Heritage Property under The Heritage Property Act.
In this regard, we enclose proposed Bylaw No. 9865, The Tees and Persse Building Heritage Designation Bylaw, 2023. The Heritage Property Act requires that a Notice of Intention to Designate be served on the Registrar of Heritage Property and all persons with an interest in the property. As well, the Notice of Intention must be registered against the title to the property and advertised in at least one issue of a newspaper in general circulation in the municipality. All pre-requisites to the passing of the Bylaw have been undertaken. The date advertised in the Notice of Intention to Designate for consideration of this Bylaw by Council is January 25, 2023.
The Heritage Property Act further provides that anyone wishing to object to the proposed designation must serve Council with an objection stating the reason for the objection and providing the relevant facts. The objection must be served at least three days prior to the Council meeting at which the Bylaw is to be considered.
If an objection is received, Council shall either refer the matter to a review board constituted under Section 14 of the Act or withdraw the proposed bylaw."
Attached are copies of the following:
- Proposed Bylaw No. 9865;
- Excerpt from the minutes of the Regular Business Meeting of City Council held on October 31, 2022;
- SPC on Planning, Development and Community Services Committee Report dated October 31, 2022;
- Report of the General Manager, Community Services Department dated September 7, 2022;
- Letter from the Municipal Heritage Advisory Committee, dated September 20, 2022; and
- Notice which appeared in the Star Phoenix on December 17 and 19, 2022.