A report of the General Manager, Community Services was provided, along with a request to speak from Khodr Bardouh dated January 25, 2021.
The following communications were added to this item:
Requesting to Speak:
- Email from Kelly Frie dated January 29, 2021;
- Email from Yanique Williams, Public Policy Manager, Uber Canada dated January 29, 2021;
- Email from Katherine Luneng dated January 30, 2021;
- Letter from Khodr Bardouh, Hey Taxi, received January 29, 2021, rescinding request to speak and replacing with comments;
- Email from Mark Gill, Executive Director, Captain Taxi Ltd., dated January 31, 2021; and
- Email from Scott Suppes, President, Riide Inc., dated February 1, 2021.
Councillor Gersher previously declared a conflict of interest on this matter due to her family being involved in a business that could be seen to be in conflict with the Taxi and TNC industries. Councillor Gersher was not present on the call.
Licensing and Permitting Manager Wilson reviewed the report and provided a PowerPoint.
Committee heard from the following speakers:
- Kelly Frie, Riide
- Yanique Williams, Public Policy Manager, Uber Canada
- Katherine Luneng
Licensing and Permitting Manager Wilson responded to questions of the Committee.